This Privacy Disclosure of the website (the “Disclosure“) illustrates how DMG S.p.A. (“DMG”, “we” or “our“) uses and shares the personal data (“personal data“) of those who visit this website (the “website“) or contacts us by means of the contact data therein.
DMG may collect personal data in some sections of the Website, (such as if you access your account via the website): this Disclosure explains how DMG uses these data.
The website allows users to visit paces on our products, solutions, services, contacts, sales network, as well as the status of your order, documents related to your order, and the registration of complaints.
Third parties with whom we share your personal data
It is possible that personal data may be communicated to:
- companies or other organisations who perform services on our behalf, such as web hosting companies, analytics providers, IT vendors, support service providers;
- companies or professionals for assistance requested on our products
- any public authority – administrative, judicial or independent, public administration or other third parties, where we deem it necessary in order to fulfil a legal obligation or protect our or any third party rights, or the personal safety of any individual, or to prevent or resolve fraud or issues related to health or safety in any way; or
- any third party that purchases, or to which we may transfer, our assets and activities, in whole or in part. Should such sale or transfer occur, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the person to whom the Personal Data is transferred uses them in accordance with this disclosure.
International transfer of personal data
Personal data will be processed in accordance with the rules and laws in force on the protection of personal data if they are transferred within the European Economic Area (“EEA“), as well as in countries outside of this area (including the United States): we will implement appropriate safeguards in accordance with our obligations under current legislation in order to ensure the adequate protection of such data, regardless of the country where the data is sent.
Types of personal data used
DMG collects personal data from the website:
- when forms are filled out (such as the registration of a complaint)
- when you access your personal area to check the status of orders or their related documentation
The website allows you to provide the following personal data:
- name and contact details (such as address, telephone number(s) and e-mail address), information on the company of origin or on the employer if a request has been submitted as a professional, or if the reserved area has been accessed to view their orders and related documentation;
- products and services of interest;
- marketing preferences.
On our own behalf:
- we collect personal data when specific sections of the website are used, such as creating an account, complaints, sending or downloading the ordering software, requesting assistance from one of our specialised technicians, and reading feedback as regards a technical intervention.
- we reserve the right to process personal data for legitimate profiling purposes in relation to products or services already viewed by the user or in relation to that which he or she has shown interest.
How your personal data is used
We use personal data collected through the website in order to:
- satisfy user requests (such as creating an account to access data related to orders);
- manage and improve our business and relationships with customers;
- respond to requests for information from the user;
- perform research;
- send marketing material in line with communication preferences;
- comply with legal and administrative obligations, exercise or defend a right in court, respond to requests for information by public authorities or other third parties, as well as prevent and combat the commission of offences and fraud or to protect our rights as well as those of the user and other subjects;
- ensure the proper functioning of the website, personalise and improve it according to the user’s needs and methods of use.
We may associate and analyse your Personal Data in order to:
- help us to understand, develop and improve products, processes, services and business and marketing strategies;
- customise the products and services offered;
- keep Personal Data up to date;
- better understand customers;
- manage and improve relationships with the user and his/her company.
The above activities could include the modification of our communication strategy, the evaluation of the effectiveness of our marketing and customer support service, the performance of market analysis, the identification of products or services that could most interest the user and specific communications with information about such.
The processing of personal data for profiling purposes is based on our legitimate interest in getting to know our customers and proposing products and services that may be of most interest (Article 6, para. 1 f) of the Regulation). As specified in the paragraph “User rights”, you can oppose the processing of personal data for profiling purposes at any time.
Personal data collected is stored in an identifiable format for a period that is reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected. Usually, this means retaining the data until one of the following conditions occurs:
- the need to provide the requested services;
- to protect and defend our rights (including in court), the user’s rights or any property thereof;
- meet marketing needs, unless the user revokes consent to the processing activities;
- pursue one of our legitimate interests as identified in this disclosure;
- obligation to keep your personal data in accordance with applicable laws or regulations.
By obtaining freely given and optional consent, we will process the data for marketing purposes (sending advertising material, performing market research, commercial communications and customer satisfaction surveys) and periodic updates, such as by sending information related to DMG products and services that are of most interest to the user by post, email, sms and landline/mobile phone, with or without an operator. Granting consent to the processing of personal data and conferring the same for marketing purposes is a freely given and optional choice; if consent is not given, the user will not suffer any detrimental consequences. You can revoke consent to the processing of your data for marketing purposes at any time, free of charge and without any consequence, in the manner indicated in the paragraph “User rights”, even in a selective manner, by informing us that you no longer wish to be contacted through one or more contact methods. To this end, we therefore request that you give your consent to the processing of data for marketing purposes and to the possibility of being contacted by us by selecting the appropriate consent request box on the various pages of the Website, also indicating the specific channels of communication with which you prefer to be contacted.
Legal basis of processing activities
There are various legal bases that we rely on for the processing of Personal Data.
We will collect and use Personal Data in the following situations:
- if our use of personal data is in our legitimate interest or in that of the organisation with which we have shared such data, but only after having ensured that the data and rights are adequately protected. For example, we could invoke this legitimate reason if we ourselves use personal data in order to: understand and improve our products, services and/or marketing strategies; perform research activities; manage and improve our relationship with the user and perform technical support activities; to help identify the information, products and services of greatest interest to the user and send or display online advertising material for the products or services in question; ensure that our products and services are delivered and used in compliance with the law and the terms of applicable conditions, and, where necessary, protect or safeguard our rights or property (including in court) or identify, prevent or otherwise handle fraud or security issues;
- if we deem the use of personal data as necessary in order to fulfil a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject;;
- in a limited number of circumstances, if we deem it necessary in order to protect someone’s safety or vital interests;
As a natural person, you have the right to ask about what data DMG holds in its account and for what purposes, as well as to access such data (i.e. the right to obtain confirmation from us that your data is being processed and, in this case, to obtain access to them, receiving a copy as well as certain information in relation to the processing activity) and rectify them if needed (i.e. the right to obtain the correction of inaccurate data and the integration of incomplete data. The user has the right to request a limitation of data processing (i.e. the right to obtain the sealing of data stored with the aim of limiting its future processing), their partial or complete erasure, or that they be provided in a commonly used electronic format in order to be shared with other organisations (right to “data portability”).
Where the user has consented to our use of personal data (for further information see the section entitled The legal bases of processing) the user may revoke this consent at any time. You must contact us at the address below if you wish to revoke your consent. The withdrawal of consent is without prejudice to the legitimacy of processing carried out before such revocation.
For any privacy and related data processing issues, please contact:
VIA DELLE MONACHELLE, 84
00071 POMEZIA (RM) – ITALY
or send an e-mail to: email@example.com