Safety and usage cautions
Before installing our products, we recommend you to consult the section about safety and usage cautions at the link below
The SmartKEY Plus is a call management and control device for elevators.
Additional functions and features compared to the basic SmartKEY:
- Possibility of configuration and key management via Smartphone (iOS, Android) and Web (Fusion Dashboard); therefore, the backup key used with the basic version is not required.
- The control unit can be up to 4m away from the key reader device.
- Possibility of connecting expansions up to 32 inputs / outputs for direct activation of calls or for enabling call buttons.
The Smartkey Plus consists of:
A) – Electronic key – The SmartKEY PLUS system allows you to memorize a maximum of 500 electronic keys and to associate 2 types of permissions to them:
MASTER key (red): a maximum of 5 keys generally provided to the condominium administrator.
USER key (green): supplied to lift users.
Each electronic key supports up to 32 associated outputs.
B) – Electronic key reader device – It is equipped with a buzzer for acoustic feedback of contact with the electronic key. See assembly instructions below.
C) – Electronic control unit – All information (identification and functionality) relating to the electronic keys associated with it are stored here.
It has a WiFi interface for local connectivity with Smartphone; it is used for programming, configuration and management of electronic keys and related parameters associated with them. It can manage up to 4 floors.
D) – Expansion module – For adding 4 more floors in addition to those managed by the control unit; a maximum of 7 expansion modules can be connected for a total of 32 floors (4 + 28).
Principle of operation
The SmartKEY PLUS system can be programmed to work in two different modes:
1) – “Astable” mode (default).
This mode provides two types of operation depending on the connection of the electronic control unit (C) with the call buttons.
- 1a) – Button enabling – When the user electronic key (A) is placed on the reader device (B), the contact remains closed for 5 seconds; during this time it is possible to press the call button.
- 1b) – Direct call – When the user electronic key (A) is placed on the reader device (B), the contact closes and the call to the programmed floor starts.
2) – “Man present” mode.
The contact remains closed for as long as the user electronic key (A) rests on the reader device (B).
SmartKEY PLUS system users
He is able to physically operate on the central unit and activate the first electronic master keys to be provided to the administrator.
He can access the Fusion APP to perform the operations of synchronization, backup, restore or cloning of the key database and can access the “Fusion Dashboard” to perform the operations of modifying the key data and deleting keys.
He can access the Fusion APP to perform the operations of synchronization, backup, restore or cloning of the key database and view the activations.
He can access the “Fusion Dashboard” to perform the operations of modifying the key data and deleting keys and view the activations.
End users of the lift
They have the electronic user keys provided to them by the administrator and have no access to the Fusion APP.
Connection of the key reader device with the control unit.
This connection is common to all operating modes.
A) – JST cable 1m long to connect the key reader device with the control unit (optional cable length 4m).
B) – IDC cable to connect the the control unit with the expansion board (connect a maximum of 7 total expansions).
Connection of the electronic control unit with the call buttons
In this mode, pay attention to the number of outputs that are associated with an electronic key; it cannot be greater than 1, otherwise the key will make more calls to the lift control panel.
Electronic keys deletion and memorization
Deletion of all the electronic keys stored on the control unit.
It is advisable to reset the memory of the electronic control unit before storing a new set of “Master” and “User” keys.
To activate the reset procedure, press and hold the PRG button for 3 seconds as shown in the video below; it may be necessary to wait a few seconds before receiving the final acoustic feedback that all the electronic keys have been canceled.
Memorization of the MASTER electronic key
The last phase for the installer is the programming of the electronic key MASTER to be supplied to the condominium administrator.
Up to a maximum of 5 electronic key MASTERs can be stored.
Memorization of the USER electronic key
With the electronic key MASTERs provided by the installer, the condominium administrator can now manage all user keys independently.
The total number of electronic keys (MASTER and USER) that can be stored on each electronic control unit is of 500 units.
Electronic keys programming and management
The functionalities of the SmartKEY PLUS system are managed through the use of two tools:
Fusion Dashboard is the reference tool for managing the database of all electronic keys and their deletion from the control unit memory.
The key manager (usually the condominium administrator) must initially create an account on the “Fusion Dashboard” to the following link:
Then he must register all the control units present in the building; for more details see the section “How to manage the electronic key database via the “Fusion Dashboard”.
The FUSION app is the tool for synchronizing data between the “Fusion Dashboard” and the electronic control unit; the interaction with the control unit takes place locally via WiFi connection. The access data to the WiFi network are indicated ont the label provided (default SSID and password).
With the FUSION app it is possible to modify the parameters of the electronic keys, the creation and restoration of a backup and the cloning of the entire content from one control unit to another.
The use of FUSION app requires having an account with “Fusion Dashboard” (see above) related to the supplier company.
The FUSION app is available for iOS and Android.
With the smartphone connected to the internet, launch the FUSION app and log in.
By doing so, the FUSION app is automatically updated with the data previously entered on the “Fusion Dashboard”.
Connect to the electronic control unit WiFi network (and enter the psw provided) and click on the “SmartKEY PLUS” button. Once connected, the LEDs on the electronic key reader device flash alternately (red / green).
Click on the “Synchronize” button to read the contents of the control unit internal memory with the keys and relative parameters; any pending changes generated by “Fusion Dashboard” will also be transferred.
Rename the outputs/floors
The labels show the default name of the output.
C.1 – C.4 are the 4 outputs of the electronic control unit.
EXP1.1 – EXP1.4 are the 4 outputs of expansion 1, or the expansion closest to the electronic control unit in order of connection.
In the text fields can be inserted custom labels that identify the plans in a more familiar way.
A maximum of 4 characters are allowed.
At the end of the insertion click on “Save”.
Changing the parameters of the keys
1) – Select the electronic key to be modified to access its configuration parameters (see description below image)
2) – Exit the editing screen by pressing the “BACK” button. The modified electronic key will be circled in orange.
3) – Attention: The change has not yet been transferred to the control unit memory. To transfer it, click on the “Synchronize” button.
- A) – Univocal identification code of the electronic key (uneditable).
- B) – Outputs profile associated with the electronic key. It is the set of outputs that the electronic key will activate when it is put down on the inserter. (See Manage profiles)
- C) – This field can help the user during the initial stages of storing keys. It is a free field in which a note can be entered to help identify the keys later. This information is synchronized with the “Fusion Dashboard” and is also visible in the WEB dashboard.
- D) – Select only if the electronic key is a MASTER key.
- E) – The electronic key can be temporarily disabled for use of the lift.
- F) – Select only if the electronic key operates in astable mode (see the initial section “Principle of operation”).
- G) – Select if you want an acoustic feedback when inserting the electronic key.
- H) – The name and surname of the user associated with the electronic key it cannot be changed from the FUSION app. This parameter can only be added and changed via the “Fusion Dashboard”.
- I) – It is the number of calls made by the key. It is a read-only parameter.
- L) – The “Attention” pushbutton changes the display of the electronic keys, passing from ALL to ONLY those with 0 (zero) associated outputs.
A Profile consists of:
– A Name assigned by the user.
– A set of outputs chosen by the user, up to a maximum of 32.
– An association to one or more keys.
From the side menu click on “Profiles” and then “Add profile”.
In the screen that opens, enter a Profile name and select the outputs that this profile must have. Then click on “Save”.
The new profile will appear in the profile list.
Swipe left to change profile associations with electronic keys.
The keys already associated appear to the top. Below those to be associated. Edit the list of keys associated with this profile and finally click Save.
It will therefore be necessary to synchronize with the electronic control unit.
Swipe right to edit or delete the profile.
When a profile is changed, the change is applied to all keys that use that profile.
It will therefore be necessary to synchronize with the electronic control unit.
When a profile is deleted, the keys that were associated with it will not have changed the layout of the associated outputs. However, they will have the “CUSTOM” label on their profile name.
Within the page of an electronic key it is possible to associate an already saved profile or manually modify the outputs that can be activated under an unsaved CUSTOM profile.
By clicking on “Use Profile” you can choose one of the existing profiles.
Both in the case of an unsaved CUSTOM profile and a registered profile, click on Save at the end of operations.
You will be notified that a synchronization to the control unit will be required.
Backup, Restore and Clone function
At any time it is possible to Backup the memory of the newly synchronized control unit containing the electronic keys configurations. To do this, click on the “Backup (A)” button, the list of previously generated backups will be shown, with some useful information (Serial Number and data).
With the “Restore (B)” function it is possible to overwrite the current set of the control unit keys with a backup previously made of the same control unit (same Serial Number).
With the “Clone (C)” function, instead, it is possible to overwrite the current set of the control unit keys with any other saved backup. This can be useful if you want to configure more control units (with different Serial Numbers) in the same way.
How to manage the electronic key database via the Fusion Dashboard.
1) – Select “Companies”.
2) – In the list of companies, select the one responsible for managing the devices.
3) – Select the building with the devices to be managed installed. In this screen it is also possible to insert new buildings, delete them or change their name and location.
4) – Here you can register a new device by assigning in order: Type, Name, Description and the Serial number that was provided by D.M.G.
5) – Here you can manage the devices installed in the building, in this case the SmartKEY PLUS system. In addition to deleting the electronic control unit and modifying its data, it is possible to manage both the operators assigned to the device and the database of the keys registered in the control unit.
6) – Here it is possible to assign to the chosen device the operator will be able to manage it. Two levels of access to the device can be associated with the operator: Administrator or Installer.
7) – For each electronic key it is possible to enter the name of the end user and, if one is registered in “Administrator” mode, it is also possible to see the total number of calls made by each condominium.
|Electronic control unit:
|Electronic control unit:
24V 50mA max
24V 50mA max